The following are notes from the event Interrupting Hate Crimes Sunday held on November 5th 2017. This was a discussion that followed the Interfaith Film Festival. The festival was held at the Yardley United Methodist Church in Yardley, Pa.
Children’s Event – Haters screaming at them.
- Leave immediately
- Call 911 and FBI
- Safety for Children/ Put children in center surrounded by adults.
- Surround “haters” and chant, “NOT HERE!” and “NO! NO! NO!”
- Invite them to stay and talk.
George School Students Facing Racism.
- SAFE HOUSES: Businesses and faith houses. Visible support
- George School Administration to ask white students to walk with them.
- Educate the community.
- Pass out information.
College Campus – Hate Speech.
- Equal protest
- Non-violent communication with Pastor
- College President talk to Dept. Chairs and discuss with students what to do.
- Community Plan
- Invite them for coffee.
- Allow them – shout them down with peace.
- Stop curriculum. Read a book on racism, write essay about the reading and then discuss.
- Assemble students and have a speaker.
- Forums for students, led by faculty.
- Stand with students being targeted.
- Write letters to President
- Reach out to student groups.